AMI Annual General Meeting – AGM
Australia Myanmar Institute invites all members and associate members to a Zoom AGM
The 2023 Annual General Meeting of the AMI will be held on 27 November. Please note that associate members are not entitled to vote at the AGM but can take part in all discussions and are entitled to be elected to the Board if nominated by a member.
Date: 27 November 2023 (Monday)
Duration: 30 minutes
Time: commencing 5:30 PM Australian Eastern Summer Time, AEST/ Myanmar Time is 4 hours 30 minutes earlier, so commencement at 1:00 PM.
A zoom link will be sent a couple of days before the meeting.
1. 2022 Minutes and matters arising
2. President’s Report
3. Treasurer’s Financial Report (including new bank account arrangements)
4. Director’s Report
5. Election of Committee (Board)
Positions: President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, and ordinary members up to an inclusive total of 15 people
6. Annual Subscription
Set the rate for the annual subscription, as per the Rules
7. Other business
- Article 2 reads: The purposes of the Association are—
- To create and strengthen sustainable, multi-sectoral, collaborative applied research and capacity building partnerships between Australia and Myanmar, to the mutual benefit of Australian and Myanmar institutions and in a manner that effectively manages capacity constrains in Myanmar, and with the ultimate aim being advancing social and public welfare in both countries. The Institute will do this by facilitating Australian institutions in strengthening the capacity of research, public policy and implementation in Myanmar through collaborative partnerships.
Documents will be circulated prior to the meeting.